Art of Film and Television

During this weekly course, students examined a number of classic and experimental films, from the silent era inquiry of Edison and Porter to the epic realism of Vertov and Flaherty. Students learned to critique films, exploring questions of realism, representation and technological evolution. Their queries and creativity inspired a public exhibit of first-hand work, including Super-8 film, video and sound recordings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a 34-year-old teacher, writer and sometimes artist. I teach media, film, writing and philosophy. I have a BA in philosophy and writing from the University of Northern Colorado and two Master's degrees from the University of Amsterdam - one in philosophy, the other in film. I have lived in Nebraska, Colorado, Amsterdam, New Mexico, Portland, Bangkok, Greece and New York City. Before moving to Brooklyn in May 2005, I traveled Asia solo for a year. In 2007, I spent my summer trainspotting with my husband in Peru, Boliva and Argentina.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Art of Film and Television Syllabus and Bibliography

Below, you will find a detailed syllabus, schedule and bibliography for the course Art of Film and Television taught by Professor Jen Heuson at the College of New Rochelle during summer term 2006.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home